The Fire Ban declared within Rocky View has been downgraded to a Fire Advisory.
A Fire Advisory has been implemented due to a positive change in weather that has improved fire conditions to a moderate fire risk.
During a FIRE ADVISORY, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Internal household fireplaces • Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves
- Propane/natural gas barbecues
- Solid Fuel Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, pellet)
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Liquid fuel barbecues (propane and natural gas)
- Recreational campfires (approved burn pit 24” in diameter or less)
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas.
- Oil well flaring must register with central fire dispatch at 403-264-1022
To review and subscribe to fire advisories and bans, please visit albertafirebans.ca