Irricana Transfer Site

The Irricana Transfer Site accepts household hazardous waste and agricultural recycling year round from residents. Farmers from neighboring counties may also drop off clean plastic grain bags and twine for recycling as part of the Alberta Ag Plastic. Recycle It! pilot program. For large loads, please call ahead.

West of Pioneer Acres Park
Corner of RR 264 and TWP RD 274
SW 28-27-26 W4M

403-230-1401 (After Hours)

Wednesday: 11AM – 7PM (Rocky View County Residents Only)
Saturday: 9AM – 5PM (Rocky View County Residents & Irricana Residents)


Accepted Items

  • Household garbage (1 tag-a-bag ticket per bag)
  • Cardboard
  • Metal
  • Mixed paper
  • Newspaper
  • Household plastics (must be clean, no styrofoam)
  • Electronic waste
  • Cell phones
  • Clear glass (no ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors)
  • Household hazardous waste
  • Fluorescent light bulbs (residential)
  • Grass and leaves (seasonal)
  • Christmas trees
  • Branches-less than 6 in. diameter (no stumps, these would be garbage)
  • Used motor oil and containers (do not rinse containers)
  • Gear oil, transmission fluid, hydraulic oil
  • Oil filters
  • Appliances (fridges, freezers, water coolers – a fee applies for Freon removal, see Master Rates Bylaw)
  • Tires (rims removed)
  • Automotive batteries
  • Propane tanks
  • Paint (list of eligible paints [PDF])
  • Bunker bags, silage tarps, bale wrap (must be rolled)
  • Wire (must be rolled and free of non metal items)
  • Bale twine (must be free of debris and in clear bags)
  • Obsolete agricultural pesticides
  • Empty agricultural pesticide containers (must be triple rinsed)


Tag-a-Bag Program$3.00/bag (GST exempt)Single Garbage Bag
Household Furniture$20.00 (GST exempt)Per each item of furniture
Bulk waste$45.00 (GST exempt)Per half-ton pick-up truck load
Freon RemovalActual cost to countyPer compressor i.e. Refrigerators
Untreated wood or lumber$30.00 (GST exempt)Per half-ton pick-up truck Load

Visit the fees page for a full list of garbage & recycling fees.


The transfer site cannot accept large amounts of renovation and construction
materials at this time.It is the responsibility of the home owner to transport this
material to an appropriate facility.