Enter for your chance to WIN* 1 of 3 awesome gift baskets!
- Gift Cards
- Activity Passes
- Stationery Items
- Irricana Merch
*Click to expand*
Official Contest Rules:
- Eligibility: The Town of Irricana “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest” is open to legal residents of Canada who take a photo within the Town/Rural limits of Irricana, Alberta. Entrants must be 10-17 years of age in order to qualify. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Town of Irricana’s employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”) are ineligible to participate.
- Sponsorship. The sponsor is Irricana FCSS and the Town of Irricana, located at 222 – 2nd Street, Irricana, AB T0M 1B0. Sponsor will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
- Agreement to Rules: By entering this Contest, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor’s Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest” the You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest”.
- Contest Entry Period: This promotion begins on April 15, 2023 at 8:00am MST and ends on June 15, 2023 at 4:30pm MST (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the Contest, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
- How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest” by submitting an entry via the online form provided on this webpage. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all Contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entries and removing them from the [Sweepstakes or Contest] at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest” (the “Winner”) will receive a Gift Basket of assorted items. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. One Grand Prize shall be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of an assortment of prizes in gift basket form valued at up to $250 each, and their submitted photo will be displayed on the Town of Irricana Facebook page as a Cover Photo for a minimum of 90 days. Two Runners Up will be awarded with an assortment of prizes in gift basket form valued at up to $150 each.
- Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by email within 3 days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest”) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (e.g., text, video, photo, etc.) into this Contest, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the [Official Name] [Sweepstakes or Contest], and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration. NOTE: if you’re conducting a contest based on participants submitting photos, writing, or other work, you may want to consider adding language about how entries must be original work and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. You could also include the consequences for entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others (disqualification of the participant) and any claims that arise as a result of infringement (“You shall defend or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, etc.)
- Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest” should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest”. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest”, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Entries with profanity, graphic images, or inappropriate images will also void entry into the Contest. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the “Spring 2023 Facebook Cover Student Photo Contest” may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
- By clicking “Enter Contest” on the entry form, You, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.