Family & Community
The mandate of Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is for communities to design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families and communities.
The 2022 Irricana Family and Community Support Service (FCSS) applications will be available September 17th, 2021. Applications must be received no later than November 30th, 2021. There are 2 application documents available to download, one for requests over $1000 and one for requests $1000 and under.
For questions, assistance or submitting your application please direct them to Brook Swanson -Irricana FCSS and Community Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of services eligible for FCSS funding:
- Services that promote the social development of children and their families.
- Services that enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills so people can function more effectively within their own environment.
- Services that enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired.
- Services to promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community.
- Services to assist communities to identify their social needs and develop responses to meet those needs.
- Services to inform the public of available services.
Types of services that may not be eligible for funding:
Services provided under a program must not:
- Provide primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals.
- Offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family.
- be primarily rehabilitative in nature; nor duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
Check out these organization below to see
if you qualify for financial assistance!
Founded in 2005, Jumpstart Charities helps kids overcome financial and accessibility barriers to sport and recreation in an effort to provide inclusive play for kids of all abilities
For more information or to apply for funding: https://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/pages/individual-child-grants
We provide grants to help cover the costs of registration fees, as well as providing no-cost equipment so that all kids aged 18 and under in Calgary and Area can play a season of sport.
For more information or to apply for funding: