Job Description: Public Works – Maintenance 3
Under the direction of the Public Works Lead or in his/her absence, the Maintenance 2 or C.A.O., Maintenance 3 is responsible for performing duties related to the general repair and maintenance of Town owned facilities and equipment including street, sidewalks, water and sewer systems, cemetery, recreation areas and parks/natural spaces.
Parks/Natural Space and Recreation Areas
- To maintain all trees and vegetation in a safe and healthy state.
- To provide for the coordinated development of trees, shrubs and plants in the Town.
- To repair and/or maintain all equipment, buildings, and structures in a clean, safe and attractive manner.
- Maintain tree farm and ensure sustainability of Town trees.
Water and Sewer Services
- To assist the Lead and/or Maintenance 1 whenever necessary, in the operation and/or repair of all equipment.
- To read/document water meters/usage.
Street and Alley Maintenance
- To assist the Lead and/or Maintenance 2, whenever necessary, in maintenance and/or repair of the roads, streets and alleys.
- To assist the Lead and/or Maintenance 2, whenever necessary, in the performance of any operation regarding public property.
- To assist the Lead and/or Maintenance 2, whenever necessary, with the maintenance and/or repair of all equipment.
- Provide assistance to the Lead and/or Maintenance 2 in the performance of Disaster Services.
- Participate in and help insure safe work practices are followed.
- Rotates on standby with other department staff for evening and weekend on-call, and may be required to work shifts outside the regular hours of work.
- Assist in development of inspection and work reports
- Fill out and make reports as required.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Minimum High School education or GED certificate
- Valid Class 5 drivers license with air ticket
- First Aide Certificate
- General knowledge of trees, plants and growing conditions
- General knowledge of construction practices.
- Ability to operate all types of power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain good public relations
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
Salary Range: $20.15/hr (Maintenance Person 3 as per CUPE Local 37 agreement). Wage increase and generous benefits package upon completion of 3 month probationary period.
Hours of work: 7.5hrs/day; 37.5 hours/week
Must be willing to provide a Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract
Closing date: January 8, 2017
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume in confidence to the Municipal Office.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Fax at (403) 935-4270 or by mail: Box 100, Irricana AB T0M 1B0.
Resumes may also be dropped off in person to: 222- 2nd Street, Irricana, AB T0M 1B0.
Please only submit one resume.