Job Description – Recreation Programmer/Coordinator
- Collaborate and report to the Community Services Officer to provide appropriate and safe activities in both a drop-in and scheduled setting at the Irricana Recreation Complex.
- Supervision/Monitoring of Drop-In Programs
- Assist with planning and organizing activities from beginning to end focusing on increase quality of life for youth, adults, families and seniors.
- Organize and prepare activity materials and spaces for designated activities
- Help develop and maintain accurate documentation including activity program plans, evaluations, and inventory sheets.
- Assist in the development of monthly activity calendars.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the equipment, floor area and waiting area
- Take inventory before and after programs/events/rentals
- Will be required to fill out incident reports and monitoring sign in sheets and memberships.
- Other administrative tasks as requested.
Summer staff is required to be ready to work Split Shifts according to the programming Schedule for the Summer of 2017 at the Rate of $15.00 per hour.
Start Date: May 23, 2017
|Programming||May 23 – June 16||Monday to Friday||9:30am – 3:30pm (30hrs/week)
|Coordination||June 19 – August 25||Must be available to work any day of the week||Hours will vary depending on program needs
(up to 37.5/week)
Desired Skills & Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the environment
- Dedicated to respecting the values, customs, preferences and beliefs of the residents and their families/representatives.
- High level of discretion.
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Positive, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR before start date
- Fit to bend, stretch, sit and stand for extended periods of time. Fit and able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of Internet
Staff will be under direct supervision from the Community Services Officer- Town of Irricana. 403-935-4672. To apply please send your Cover Letter and Resume to Tawnia Cardinale, Community Services Coordinator – email@example.com